This Long Month


I'm back. It's been a long month, a very long month. A month filled with work, moving and graduation. The first two were nowhere near as fantastic as the last! Even though I haven't posted I have been writing. And reading. More and more I am leaning toward the essay. It's what I've always love writing, even those that were mandatory in school. I've always felt if you are going to write it you better study it. With what little extra time I've had I've been reading essays.

Like any other genre, some are better than others. Some were from authors unknown to me. Others are referred to as Masters of the Form. I share this with you. I was very lucky in the unknowns whose anthologies I purchased. Some of the so called "Masters" left me happy that the book belonged to the library collection and not to me. Erma Bombeck is still at the top of my list. I began reading her in junior high and her works still hit the mark.

Now I recognize several generations and still laugh out loud. In my late teens Truman Capote was a great fascination for me and for a lot of the world. Right now I'm reading Portraits and Observations: The Essays of Truman Capote. It will be hard to work on other things as I am captivated with the work. Anyway that's what I've been up to, living the life called family that always takes precedence over anything. I'll be getting back to work now and begin stopping by to visit old friends and new. I have promised myself I will complete the A to Z list before august!